Why Should You Consider Installing Skirting Boards?
Skirting boards are MDF boards or wood. They have functional and aesthetic purposes. The primary purpose of the skirting boards is to cover the bottom of the interior wall. They come in various thicknesses and heights. It is easy to maintain them.
Importance of installing skirting boards:
1. Protects the Wall
- Installing skirting boards can protect the lower parts of your walls. Vacuuming, mopping and even moving furniture can damage the lower parts of your walls.
- Install skirting boards to provide a protective barrier between your walls and furniture.
2. Closes the Gap
- There are gaps between the walls and flooring. Contractors usually leave small spaces to provide enough space for the expansion and contraction of the flooring. Also, poor floor installation can cause these gaps.
- Debris and water can seep into these gaps to cause more damage to your house. Install skirting boards to close these gaps. Closing these gaps can protect your home from damage.
3. Adds to the Interior Design
- Skirting boards come in various styles and colours. You can, therefore, use them to improve the appearance of your home’s interior, and they can make your home’s interior look more elegant.
- It is easy to find the styles, materials, and colours to fit your décor. You can even match your skirting boards to your flooring design and furniture, and you can also paint them to blend with the rest of the elements in your home.
What Size of Skirting Board Should You Install?
- The size of the skirting boards you should install will depend on the size of your home. If your home has high ceilings, the heights of the skirting boards should match.
- If you select taller skirting boards, you may want to accompany them with more details.
How Hammer and Brush Can Help You?
Installing skirting boards can help you protect and furnish your home. They can protect your walls and add a finishing touch to your home’s interior design.
Hammer and Brush can help you select and install the perfect skirting boards for your home. If you plan to install skirting boards in your house, please contact Hammer and Brush today. We are a family-run business (husband, wife, and two sons) owned and operated locally.
Related Post: How to Choose the Skirting Board for Your Perth House?